Board policies are key to the effective and efficient operation of a school district and provide a roadmap for board members, administrators, professional staff, and nonteaching employees to guide them through the decision-making process and their day-to-day responsibilities.
It is, therefore, vital for a board of education to develop and adopt clear, effective policies and administrative guidelines that comport with state and federal mandates. We are ideally suited for and available to assist boards in creating, reviewing, and amending their policies and guidelines, benefiting from our experience with and continuing representation of a highly regarded national education policy company (NEOLA) for over a decade.
Our services include:
- Conducting a comprehensive audit of existing policies, including relevant manuals, handbooks, and other sources;
- Eliminating contradictory or outdated policies;
- Drafting custom policies and modifying existing ones to reflect current laws, regulations, and practices;
- Conducting workshops and in-services on how to prepare and implement concise, effective policies and guidelines; and
- Providing ongoing consultation when issues arise concerning the interpretation of a policy or guideline.