We represent clients through all aspects of litigation, from responding to pleadings and working through the discovery process, to trial in state and federal court.
Since 1997, insurance carriers have appointed us to defend numerous school boards in hundreds of cases. As a result, the firm has an in-depth knowledge of constitutional and civil rights law as applied to Ohio school boards.
We have successfully defended school boards facing:
- Civil rights claims;
- Employment discrimination allegations;
- Student matters from discipline appeals to special education issues;
- Contract and financial issues;
- Public records/Sunshine Law violation claims;
- Employee benefit matters;
- Personal injury claims; and
- Challenges involving Ohio’s Political Subdivision Tort Liability Act.
In addition to practical litigation and trial experience, our lawyers regularly attend training at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy so that we are prepared by the best in the industry when a case goes to trial.