We work to defend and protect the real estate tax dollars that make up a large part of a school district’s overall budget by representing your district before county boards of revision and the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals.
Whether it is opposing valuation reductions that ultimately erode your tax base or challenging improper assessments, we strive to prevent unwarranted decreases in real estate values. In addition, we identify new sources of revenue by researching and tracking recent property sales.
Our services include:
- Preparing and filing valuation complaints;
- Representing clients at Board of Revision hearings;
- Identifying recent property sales;
- Coordinating appraisal services;
- Preparing summary spreadsheets analyzing results; and
- Handling appeals to the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals and county courts of common pleas.
We have been involved in the valuation of many different types of properties, including shopping malls, golf courses, apartment and office buildings, water parks, big box retail stores, and contaminated properties. This wealth of information and experience benefits our clients in their unique cases.