Ohio school boards must comply with numerous state and federal mandates regarding employment and policy practices. By consulting legal professionals before you act, you can reduce the chance of future challenges, saving your district valuable time and money.
We counsel our clients on the most effective and efficient way to address employment questions. We advise school administrators on critical personnel and policy issues that affect all employees, whether they are teachers, staff members, or administrators.
Our services include:
- Hiring practices;
- Compensation and fringe benefits;
- Early retirement incentives;
- Contract non-renewal;
- Labor contract interpretation;
- Employee termination for cause;
- Sexual harassment;
- Discrimination based on age, race, national origin, and religion;
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Interpretation and implementation of the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA); and
- Employee drug and alcohol testing.
Our experience in all aspects of education law, from preventive counseling to lawsuit defense, provides us with a depth of knowledge that allows us to efficiently respond to our clients’ concerns.