We have been challenging and defending property valuation complaints since 1990 and maintain an active practice in this area. We have encountered virtually every type of property (including shopping malls, golf courses, apartment and office buildings, water parks, big box retail stores, and contaminated properties) and have argued many seminal cases before the Ohio Supreme Court. We present on this topic at state conferences. We appear before numerous county boards of revision and the Board of Tax Appeals and have great success with structuring creative and beneficial settlements.
We work hard to defend and protect the real estate tax dollars that make up a large part of a school district's overall budget.
Our ad valorem tax services include:
- Preparing and filing valuation complaints and counter-complaints;
- Representing clients at Board of Revision hearings;
- Identifying recent property sales;
- Coordinating appraisal services;
- Preparing summary spreadsheets analyzing results; and
- Handling appeals to the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals and county courts of common pleas.
Our newsletter “PKM's Dollars and Sense” provides our clients with the latest updates on real property matters and other relevant developments in school finance.