We represent clients through all phases of litigation in state and federal court. Since 1997, insurance carriers have appointed us to defend school boards in hundreds of cases. As a result, our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of laws impacting Ohio schools.
We have successfully defended clients facing:
- Civil rights claims (e.g., freedom of speech/religion, illegal searches/seizures);
- Employment discrimination allegations;
- Student matters (e.g., discipline, bullying, special education);
- Contract and financial issues;
- Public records/Sunshine Law violation claims;
- Employee benefit matters;
- Personal injury claims; and
- Challenges involving Ohio's Political Subdivision Tort Liability Act.
Additionally, we have successfully litigated lawsuits initiated by our clients to enforce their statutory and contractual rights.