Last week, the Ohio Department of Education Office of Professional Conduct announced it will begin to require the use of a new specialized misconduct reporting form for teachers breaking their contracts after the July 10 deadline, pursuant to R.C. § 3319.15. The new form will be required starting March 1, 2022.
The new form seeks to expedite the Office's review of broken contract cases by requesting additional relevant information, such as the date of the teacher's resignation, and whether the district board of education took any action. Additionally, the form requests that the following documentation be submitted:
- Teacher's contract;
- Teacher's resignation letter (if applicable);
- Relevant board minutes, consent agendas and/or resolutions (if applicable);
- Written and electronic communications with the educator regarding the educator's resignation;
- The educator's disciplinary file; and
- The educator's personnel file
Superintendents may submit these new forms to the Office of Professional Conduct via email at [email protected].